Monday, December 10, 2012

What to do? What to do?

Congratulations to Mini modern and Fran-made minis for winning the Cubebot challenge.  I'm feeling a bit bereft now its over. What to do next? Gert's chair remains unfinished and there is the Undersized Urbanite to begin, but one seems too fiddly and the other too big to start just before Christmas.
I started to build a kitchen scene in my office as my students think its a bit crazy that their white-haired prof plays with dolls. Over the week its morphed into a retro scene about writing. Funny how the unconscious works! Not finished yet but here's some pix:



Does any one else remember writing to deadlines on a typewriter? I had a little black portable my mother gave me when I was 12, which saw me through my undergraduate years, much like the one above.


Today I added my "Bad Hare". I bought him a few years ago in the Ottawa Valley. He seems like the kind of pooka who hangs around when deadlines loom.
Where do you think the writer has gone? To put on some laundry? To get a new typewrite ribbon? To turn all the taps on in the bathroom and scream?
That's it for the day.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulation to the lucky winners. Thank you for the wonderful chance.
    Hugs from Craftland

    ReplyDelete