Sunday, November 11, 2012

Challenge 1: The Mini-Nut Challenge

Does anyone recognise the items in the photograph below? They are the little doohickeys that you pull out of the seal in the top of vinegar or soy sauce or other  liquid. You pull them off so that you can pour out liquid, and then you throw them away, right? Well, most people do that.

The other day I opened a bottle of rice vinegar, tossed the doohickey on the bench (counter-top), made the salad and then, when I was cleaning up, I picked up the doohickey and found myself inspecting it minutely to see if it could be of use --miniature-wise, of course. And then, when I went to brush my teeth I found myself saving the little ring off the toothbrush head I replaced because I remembered someone (apologies if it was you, I can't remember where I saw it), using such a ring to make a magnifying glass. At that point my husband came in and declared I was off my head.

Now I think otherwise sensible people who happen to be miniaturists do this kind of thing everyday all over the world,  so I have decided to have my first challenge (I have to get you guys to notice this blog somehow). The challenge is to complete this sentence:

"You know you're a mini-nut when...."

Rules (there have to be rules)  are:

1) Be a follower of this blog
2) Leave your finished sentence as a comment
3) I you tell a friend and if they verify you and also leave leave a comment OR if you put this link on your own blog, you get a second entry.
4) Contest ends midnight 15 December New Zealand time (Remember we're a day ahead of most of the world so get your comments in early).

I don't have time to make a prize so this one comes from my stash. A Reac lips sofa (nuts not included; you supply yourself)



4 comments:

  1. Molly, you are off to a great start. Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me gustaria participar en tu sorteo!! te anuncio en mi blog!
    Besos de las Malu´s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sooo funny, I do the same thing, I look things over very carefully before throwing anything out and wonder if I can use it somehow, the process takes awhile because my mind has to run through everything that is used in a home...

    I make dollhouses and furniture for my niece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your offer is great. Thanks.
    I should like to participate in your giveaway.
    I'll put in my blog.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete