Friday, November 9, 2012

Taylor's pad

Just because I am trying to blog twice a week, I thought I'd post some photos of the furniture I made for my granddaughter, who shares my love of minis. The colour scheme of turquoise and brown, complemented by lime green and mauve was inspired by a beautiful Pareto a friend brought me from the Cook Islands, and two fat quarters I found at Spotlight. Sorry the pix aren't great.


The sofa and chairs have a 70s feel about them. I made the table and stools/bedside tables from craft box tops and basswood. Simple, but effective.




-
The pareo fabric reminded me both of tivaevae, the wonderful quilts made by Cook Island women, but also of Marimeko fabric that was so popular in the 70s,and seems now to be returning. I quilted around the hibiscus flower to give the cover some dimension. The bed base is covered with brown grosgrain ribbon.



-




I bought her a simple 2 drawer chest from Michaels which made a perfect 2 story modern townhouse (minus the drawers). My next project is to use my new dremel to build her an efficiency kitchen.

Still working on the challenge. Watch this space!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Hi Molly,
    Your blog is great. Glad to have you as part of the "little people." I couldn't believe it when I saw my blog listed in your blog list. Sweet of you.
    Cheers,
    Dory

    ReplyDelete